Analytical solutions are available for temperature distribution and heat flow as a function of time and position for simple solid shapes which are suddenly subjected to convection with a fluid at a constant temperature. Simple shapes are provided together with appropriate classical transient-temperature/heat flow charts which allow a fast analysis of the response from actual transient measurements. Each shape is allowed to stabiliseat room temperature then suddenly immersed in a bath of hot water at a steady temperature. Monitoring of the temperature at the centre of the shape allows analysis of heat flow using the appropriate transient-temperature/heat flowcharts provided.
- Bodies of different size, shape and material are allowed to stabilise at room temperature then dropped into the hot water bath.
- The change in temperature of each body is monitored.Analytical temperature/heat-flow charts are used to analyse the results obtained from different solid shapes. The results obtained from one shape can be used to determine the conductivity of a similar shape constructed from a different material.
- A small-scale accessory designed to enable exercises to be performed in unsteady-state heat transfer Comprises an electrically heated water bath, variable speed recirculation pump, a set of solid thermal shapes and a shape holder
- The shapes supplied comprise a rectangular slab, a long cylinder and a sphere_ Two of each shape are supplied, manufactured from brass and stainless steel, respectively.Each shape is instrumented with a thermocouple to monitor the temperature at the centre of the shape
- Analytical transient-temperature/heat-flow charts are supplied for each of the shapes
- The water bath heater is 3kW. The water bath includes an integral flow duct and a thermocouple to measure the water temperature
- The accessory is mounted on a PVC baseplate, which is designed to stand on the bench Top and connect to the Heat Transfer Service Unit without the need for tools
A comprehensive instruction manual is included
- The equipment consists of a heated water bath together with set of instrumented shaped test pieces. Each of the shapes incorporates a thermocouple to measure the temperature at the centre of the shape. A total of six shaped test pieces are provided, ie three simple shapes (a rectangular slab, a long solid cylinder and a solid sphere) each manufactured in two different materials (brass and stainless steel). Measurements taken on a shape in one material can be used to confirm the conductivity of a similar shape constructed from a different material. Transient-temperature/heat flow charts are supplied for each of the shapes.
- A circulating pump mounted alongside the water bath draws water from the bath and returns it at the base of a vertical cylindrical duct,which is located inside the water bath at the centre-
- A holder ensures each of the shapes is quickly and correctly positioned within the vertical duct for measurements to be taken
- Height: 0.67m
- Width: 0.60m
- Depth: 0.40m
5309, Grain Market, Near B D Sen Sec School Ambala Cantt Haryana India +918068093303